Monday, November 21, 2011

Link Plays Zelda: AKA, the one where I got distracted and didn't really write anything

So, I was going to begin the Adventures of the Ninja Chicken tonight, but instead I watched my brother play Skyward Sword for about an hour and a half.... So I'm writing about that instead!

Now, my brother is a... special child. And he is addicted to the Legend of Zelda games. Our step mom made him a pretty nifty Link costume too!


Anyway, I bought him Skyward Sword (which is the newest Zelda game, for those who aren't giant nerds like me) for his highschool graduation. Well, I say bought, but really I pre-ordered it. I gave him the receipt in a nice card and told him we'd pick up his game when it came out, which at the time was about six months away.

Now, as often happens, Skyward Sword got delayed. So here we are, coming on two years later, and the game finally, finally comes out.

My brother, being ... well... him, went to pick up the game in costume. He and some of his friends had a whole routine planned out. He was going to go in, get his copy of the game, and try to pay for it in rupees (zelda money, looks like this)

He made his out of those plastic jewels my five year old loves

So he goes in and starts his routine, but alas, the cashier doesn`t want to play along.

Brother: Hiyah Huh! *holds out game*
Cashier: Did you pre-order?
Brother: CHEEYA! *nods*
Cashier: Phone number?
Brother: Hiyah HUH!
Cashier: Phone number?
Brother: CHEEYA!
Cashier: I need your phone number.
Me: It's *gives numbers*
Cashier: We don't have you listed.
Brother: HUUUUUUUHHH!?

So, after going through every phone number I could think of and every variation on my very distinctive last name we realize that I had pre-ordered the game at a different store. (Don't judge me, it was nearly two years ago...)

So we piled in his friends car and headed off to the other mall! And this time we were determined to be more prepared. I made him a sheet of paper with all the pertinent information, game, phone number, name, etc. So we get there, and we try again.

Brother: Huh hut! *Hands paper*
Cashier: Okay, can I have ID?
Me: *Sigh* here
Cashier: Okay *Turns back*
Brother: HEYAH! *puts rupees on counter*
Cashier: That'll be $40.
Me: Here *gives debit card*

So, he got his game, but we're going to have a workshop on comedic timing. Next time, give the woman the fake money when she is watching.

Anyhoo, the game seems pretty fun. I'll be playing myself as soon as I get a moment. And really, it was worth waiting two years to get to see this



This must be what the Inner Child looks like. Oh, such glee...

0 comments:

Post a Comment