Saturday, November 19, 2011

Conversations with Three Year Olds 2

Adventures in Nap Time:


Thing 2: *sneaks on elephant feet out of playroom and across hall, giggling quietly*

Me: Thing 2, it’s quiet time. You need to go back to the playroom.

Thing 2: I need to get Thing 1...

Me: No, Thing 1 is asleep. I need you to go back to...

Thing 2: But I need to paint her hair!

Me: No, Thing 1 is sleeping. Go back to the playroom please.

Thing 2: But I’m going to tip toe!

Me: No thank you. Go back to the playroom. One...

Thing 2: Stop that!

Me: Two...

Thing 2: I’M GOING TO TIP TOE!!!!!!

Me: Three. Go back please.

Thing 2: FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runrunrun SLAM!*

Two Seconds Later

Thing 2: *sneak sneak sneak*

Me: Thing 2?

Thing 2: *runrunrun SLAM!*

Thing 1: *coming out of room* I’m up!

Me: Siiiiiiiigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment